Northern,WI 9/21/2012 (BasicsMedia) — Stocks Today: Houses to Lunch (DRI, CUB, KBI) as we head into Friday trading we have a few stocks reporting today. I thought earnings season was over, but it seems to run perpetually with someone reporting the previous quarter. Today we have:
Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI): +5% in Pre-Market trading as the restaurantuer was looking for +.84 EPS today and reported +.85 EPS..below are bullets from the company on previous quarter..
- First quarter diluted net earnings per share from continuing operations were 85 cents, a 9% increase from the 78 cents per diluted share in the first quarter of last year. Earnings from continuing operations in this year’s first quarter were $111.0 million and sales were $2.03 billion, which compare to earnings from continuing operations of $106.8 million and sales of $1.94 billion in the first quarter last year.
- First quarter total sales from continuing operations of $2.03 billion represent an increase of 4.8% compared to the first quarter of last year. The increase reflects same-restaurant sales growth of 2.2% for the Company’s Specialty Restaurant Group, the acquisition of 11 Eddie V’s restaurants on November 14, 2011, and the addition and operation of another 92 net new restaurants compared to the first quarter last year, offset by a combined same-restaurant sales decline of 0.3% for Olive Garden, Red Lobster and LongHorn Steakhouse. In the first quarter, U.S. same-restaurant sales increased 3.6% at LongHorn Steakhouse and 0.3% at Olive Garden, and declined 2.6% at Red Lobster.
During the first quarter, Darden purchased 1.0 million shares
Darden’s Board declared a quarterly dividend of 50 cents per share.
KB Homes (NYSE:KBH): is down 3% in pre-market trading after reporting losing .86 per diluted share. Homes increased 9% to 4,160, up from 3,817 in the year-earlier period.
- The overall average selling price of $234,100 was up 8% from $217,400 for the corresponding period of 2011.
- Revenues totaled $981.9 million, up 17% from $836.0 million for the year-earlier period.
- The Company’s net loss of $66.7 million, or $.86 per diluted share, improved substantially from the net loss of $192.7 million, or $2.50 per diluted share, for the nine months ended August 31, 2011.
Cubic ( NYSE:CUB): projected to report +.75 EPS today. Cubic Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, integration, installation, operation, maintenance, and support of defense electronics and transportation fare collection systems worldwide. It operates through three segments: Cubic Transportation Systems, Cubic Defense Systems, and Mission Support Services. The Cubic Transportation Systems segment develops and delivers fare collection systems and turnkey services for public transit authorities. This segment offers hardware, software, and multiagency and multimodal transportation integration technologies, as well as provides operational services that allow agencies to collect fares, manage their operations, reduce fare evasion, and make using public transit.
The Cubic Defense Systems segment supplies live and virtual military training systems, and communication systems and products to the U.S. Department of Defense, other government agencies, and allied nations.